COVID-19 PLAYER INFORMATION & RESOURCE CENTER
Dear Olympiacos DC Family,
We wanted you to know that all of us at Olympiacos Soccer Club Washington, DC hope you and your loved ones are safe and well during this challenging time. Like you, we’re closely monitoring the rapidly-evolving COVID-19 situation, especially as it impacts the well-being of our players, team managers, and coaches. By now, you have probably received tons of information on COVID-19, but most importantly, you have been briefed through various local and federal media channels and are aware of the very important steps that we need to be exercising as a community to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus. We, on our end, wanted to reach out to our Olympiacos Family to give you an update on where we stand with our COVID-19 decision and the importance of conforming to what the health experts are telling us.
Olympiacos Soccer Club Washington, DC is currently suspending all of its soccer related activities until further notice.
HEALTH INFORMATION LINKS
Centers For Disease Control And Prevention (CDC)
The President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America: 15 Days To Slow The Spread
PLAYER 'STAY-AT-HOME' RECOMMENDATIONS
- Please eat healthy and be careful with your diet to avoid excess weight but most importantly your well-being.
- It would be very beneficial to do daily exercises at home (without a soccer ball). Please perform the exercises carefully to avoid injuries.
- Players with a back-yard at home can train with a soccer ball performing all the normal exercises from our training sessions. You can also use the outside walls (no windows) which is a very good way to practice your technical abilities.
- Players can also go running / walking / cycling etc with a parent in OPEN SPACES where there is minimal people contact.
- Please DO NOT watch too much TV or use electronic devices for too long – Parents please put time limits per day.
'STAY-AT-HOME' EXECUTIVE ORDERS
1) 'Stay-at-Home' Order for Virginia
2) 'Stay-at-Home' Order for Maryland
3) 'Stay-at-Home' Order for Washington, DC
Staying indoors is more important now than ever due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and finding fun things to do while staying safe and healthy is key. With Olympiacos DC Soccer Club, schools, and gyms closed for the time being, there are plenty of indoor activities for kids and adults that can be done at home. Here’s some recommended gear that you can use while training at home! This gear is great to have at home all the time (and not just for this COVID-19 quarantine period) and to use when not training with your team! The following recommended training gear is versatile to work for both indoor/ outdoor exercises and games. This gear is great to have at home all the time and to use when not training with your team! (Items below are best viewed on a desktop computer rather than on your mobile device.)
Our Olympiacos Chicago academy has created a Training Videos page for the players to follow daily.
Currently, Annandale High School has completely shut-down their outdoor space availability to all groups through remainder of the academic school year. We will be in continuous contact with them about the Spring 2020 season which was to run through mid-June.
Permitted use of Mason District Park athletic fields are currently canceled until further notice. We will also keep you posted on the status of their athletic field.
The Governor of Virginia announced a 'Stay-at-Home' Executive Order effective through June 10th.
Please be assured Olympiacos Soccer Club Washington, DC leadership is vigilantly monitoring this rapidly evolving situation and we will provide updates as needed. This may include further changes to our training / tournament / league and game schedules.
Thank you for your support, trust and patience as we navigate through this together. We will continue to provide the best service to you and our players, while prioritizing your health and safety. One thing is for certain that the weeks to come will likely bring new challenges as we all are learning through this.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.