COVID-19 PLAYER INFORMATION & RESOURCE CENTER
Dear Olympiacos DC Family,
We wanted you to know that all of us at Olympiacos Soccer Club Washington, DC hope you and your loved ones are staying safe and well during this challenging time. Like you, we’re closely monitoring the rapidly-evolving COVID-19 situation, especially as it impacts the well-being of our players, team managers, and coaches. By now, you have probably received tons of information on COVID-19, but most importantly, you have been briefed through various local and federal media channels and are aware of the very important steps that we need to be exercising as a community to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus. We wanted to reach out to our Olympiacos Family to give you an update on where we stand with our COVID-19 decision and the importance of conforming to what the health experts are telling us.
With special consideration in regards to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will continue to follow the guidance set forth by our government and local health authorities. Included below are links to the latest Maryland State Youth Soccer Association's (MSYSA), and Virginia & District of Columbia Youth Soccer Association's (VYSA) Safe Return to Play Guidelines:
Centers For Disease Control And Prevention (CDC)
1) Considerations for Youth Sports Administrators
2) How to Protect Yourself & Others
3) Daily Activities and Going Out
4) What to Do If You Are Sick
5) When and How to Wash Your Hands
WHITE HOUSE GUIDELINES
1) The White House's Plan to Beat COVID-19
STATE HEALTH DEPARTMENTS
1) Virginia Department of Health
2) Maryland Department of Health
3) D.C. Coronavirus Surveillance Data
This gear is great to have at home all the time (and not just during the pandemic) and to use when not training with your team. The following recommended training gear is versatile to work for both indoor/ outdoor exercises and games. This gear is great to have at home all the time and to use when not training with your team. (Note: Items below are best viewed on a desktop computer or on an iPad rather than on your mobile phone.)
Our Olympiacos Chicago academy has created a Training Videos page for the players to follow daily. Additionally, we recommend the following training videos (i.e., drills, skills, and positioning based on players positions):
- 5 Unknown Tricks Pros Use to Get Out of Tight Spaces
- Learn 50 Match Skills
- Goalkeeper Training: How to save 1v1/Breakaways
- Goalkeeper Training: Top 5 Ways to Save 1v1 - How to Save Breakaways
- Goalkeeper Training: How to Save a Penalty with Manuel Neuer
- Goalkeeper Training: Learn How to Save with the Feet
- Top 5 Defending Secrets
- 7 Tips and Tricks For Defenders
- Tips To Be A Successful Fullback
- How To Defend Against Fast Attackers
- Defense Analysis: Ramos & Varane
- How to Become a Smart Midfielder - ft. De Bruyne
- Center Midfielder Tips | Positioning Tactics
- How To Become a Better Outside Midfielder
- 5 Hacks Every Winger Must Use
- 3 Tips To Perform Better Forward Runs
- The Story of Didier Drogba
- Player Analysis: Cristiano Ronaldo
- Player Analysis: Lionel Messi
In Virginia, the Park Authority, Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) and the Department of Neighborhood and Community Services (NCS) announced the reopening of outdoor athletic fields in Fairfax County for organized and permitted use. All groups that use the fields must follow all state and CDC guidelines.
In Maryland, Montgomery County's provisions for field use are in line with guidance from the Maryland Department of Health’s Best Practices for Youth Sports and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines for youth sports.
Olympiacos FC News interviewed Olympiacos Soccer Club Washington DC's President & Founder, Harry Karageorge, about the COVID-19 impact on the Club. You may access the article to read more about it.
Please be assured Olympiacos Soccer Club Washington, DC leadership is vigilantly monitoring this rapidly evolving situation and we will provide updates as needed. This may include further changes to our training/ tournament / league and game schedules.
Thank you for your support, trust and patience as we navigate through this together. We will continue to provide the best service to you and our players, while prioritizing your health and safety. One thing is for certain that the weeks to come will likely bring new challenges as we all are learning through this.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.